Seven events, dozens of experts and one special guest: water
As a “Green Company”, Hansgrohe has been producing water-saving and energy-saving products, been committed to sustainable management and actively participated in social discourse for decades. Klaus Grohe, son of company founder Hans Grohe, launched the Hansgrohe Water Symposium in 2008. Since then, international water experts have been regularly meeting up at the company headquarters in Schiltach in the Black Forest.
The scarcer water resources become, the more urgently sustainable solutions need to be found. Fascinating topics related to water conservation or climate change are therefore on the Symposium's agenda. Here, the latest research findings are presented and innovative ideas for the future are exchanged. Experts from a wide range of different fields considered water from every conceivable perspective. Ecological, cultural or socio-political. Historical, global, idealistic or philosophical. Scientific, popular, sporting or humorous.
Topics of the Hansgrohe Water Symposia 2008 – 2014:
- 2014: “Water Technology of the Future – What developments are being made with regard to domestic water technology?”
- 2013: “City Water – Water City – The role of water in global urban planning”
- 2012: “What water needs – Ways of achieving a water-friendly economy”
- 2011: “Touched by water – What connects people to water”
- 2010: “Our daily water – Fascinating element and eternal cycle”
- 2009: “What is good water?”
- 2008: “Water – Element and mystery”